Andrew “Andy” Wirth is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, the parent company of Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows ski resorts. Andy has been in the position as President and CEO of Squaw Valley since 2010 and has nearly 30 years as a senior executive in the mountain resort and hospitality management industry. Most recently, Mr. Wirth led the landmark transaction involving Squaw Valley’s acquisition by KSL Capital Partners in 2010 and also led Squaw Valley’s acquisition of Alpine Meadows resort operating company in 2011.
Presently, he is responsible for leading the $70 million capital improvement program at Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, a strategic initiative which has transformed the resorts of Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley into being one of the West’s leading resorts relative to guest service and satisfaction. In 2012, Squaw Valley was awarded the prestigious #1 Resort in North America rating by Outside Magazine and was selected as the #1 mountain resort by USA Today readers, as a result of these programs. As a senior executive working with multiple ownership groups and parent companies, he has worked with 21 industry leading mountain resort operating companies and 11 high end hotels in the United States and
Mr. Wirth has been selected to and serves on the following board positions in California, Nevada and
the North Lake Tahoe community:
- Chairman - Board of Trustees for the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority;
- President & Chairman, Regional Air Service Corporation;
- Board of Directors, United States Ski & Snowboard Association;
- Executive Committee Member – Board of Commissioners for the California Tourism
- organization, Visit California;
- Chairman & President, Lake Tahoe Winter Olympic Committee Board of Directors;
- Board of Directors for and Founders Circle member of the Tahoe Fund;
- Board of Directors of the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation;
- Board of Directors of the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association.
The genesis of Andy’s conservation and environmental ethic was his work as a backcountry ranger in Rocky Mountain National Park and wildland firefighter on an initial attack Hot Shot crew and a Wilderness Ranger in New Mexico. Wirth attended the University of Edinburgh, Colorado State University and has professional development certificates from Stanford University. Mr. Wirth’s interests include sky diving, skiing, snowboarding, trail running, triathlon, SUP, surfing, scuba diving, triathlons, and rowing. Wirth was born in Nuebrucke, West Germany.